Interested in the F-words?
The F-words for Child Development
- Family, Fun, Friends, Functioning, Fitness, and Future - give us a new way to
think about how children grow and develop. They help us think about the
things that children CAN do versus what they cannot do and how to focus
on their strengths.
Watch this video to learn more about the F-words Foundations Course!
Storytelling Approach: Throughout the F-words Foundations Course, we have included many stories from families, youth and health care providers. You will hear why, how, and where people are using the F-words. By sharing these stories, we have tried to capture individual experiences that show the true impact of these six words.
Practical Tools: You will be given F-words tools and will learn how, where, and when to use them. the tools are free and available in languages.
Shifting Perspectives: We hope this course provides knowledge and encouragement to families, caregivers, and health care providers about the importance of looking at the whole child, beyond their diagnosis and toward the things that matter the most to the child and their family!
By the end of the course, learners will be able to apply the F-words in their lives and practices.
Who is this training program for?
This course is for anyone who works with, and/or cares for children and youth, including:
- Family members (e.g., parents, siblings, grandparents)
- Health care providers and administrators
- Community service providers
By the end of the F-words Foundations Course, learners will be able to:
- Identify and describe the F-words for Child Development
- Share what families and health care providers think about the F-words
- Understand how to use the F-words Tools
- Apply the F-words in visioning and goal-setting activities
F-words Foundations Course: Modules
The F-words Foundations Course has five modules. Each module takes approximately one hour to complete and includes videos, stories from F-words users and reflection exercises to help you think about and apply the ideas in your own life.